Pages

Sunday 25 October 2009

Blame it on the Doctor


That's Doctor Eileen who is responsible in part (actually no, shall we blame her entirely haha) for this layout. The wonderful crafty GP was recently sat next to me at an extended get together and in the process of putting together some very arty mini books, turned to me and showed me her Basic Grey set of rub ons. Eyes were literally on stalks when I saw this American word for spirited and feisty. I just had to have it and the good Doctor prescribed me hers, which was incredibly generous and I am deeply in gratitude for.
I knew exactly what tale it would be perfect for. It's a little bawdy, a bit risque but not overly rude. Mainly funny but not quite for all eyes, so I've censored a teeny bit. Anyways, that's not the bit you should be admiring. You should be looking at how the dramatic colour combo works together or lusting after my newly acquired Martha Stewart Loops punch (which isn't easy to come by in the UK, let me tell ya!) that I just had to use. All put together in my typical graphic design led style. Hope you like it Eileen :)

5 comments:

Anne Jagger said...

No Paul, no matter how much I admire your dramatic colour combo and how it matches the rub-on, and no matter how much I lust after your MS loop punch my eyes keep trying to decipher the censored part of your layout. LOL!

kjjc said...

I agree Anne even if you enlarge it, put your glasses on and get a magnifying glass it's still is not clear tho' I suppose we could use our imagination but errrr maybe not.Perish the thought. Think I prefer to look at the graphic details and the loop punch creativity.

Anonymous said...

Loving that colour combo and the loop punch - some very careful work gone into this! Can't quite decipher the journalling either, but just happy to admire the design! =x alexa

Michele said...

Of course I'm admiring the dramatic colour combo..... but I still want to see the censored bit! LOL

Eileen said...

Glad to see the rub-on got put to good use! The colours work really well - I wasn't sure how you would use the combination on the aforementioned embellishment. And of course, like everyone else, I'm trying to fill in the blanks!