Pages

Thursday 19 November 2009

Trying hard not to be a Xmas Card


I've combined two challenges for this little card. The sketch has come from the ever inspirational Monday Mojo. The second was one of my two favourite colour combination sites, the Colour Throwdown.

The colours this week are cream, chocolate, dark red & olive. The temptation, given that both red & green are in it, is to make a festive card with these two hues dominating. I thought I'd try letting the neutrals be the foundation instead, accented with the two earthy colour tones. And yes, I've used another stamp from the collection in the previous post, so that's one more notched up. The sketch itself was good for helping me step out of my current style a little. It's made up of several layered components, so you are coerced into adding paper over paper and embellishing. I think its still got a little of my essence and style in there too. Just addicted to making these fan flowers from my scraps. They are perfect for using up the long thin strips I chop off the ends of 12x12 paper.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so shabby chic!!!

dj said...

I am all about using my scraps this week too--not sure why but it seems like all my cards this week originated from my scrap pile!! Great card!!

Anne Jagger said...

Ooooo gorgeous!!!!!

LeAnne said...

Very snazzy....we are so glad you played our challenge this week!! I don't believe I have ever seen your blog, so I will definitely be checking it out....be sure to stop back again!!
LeAnne

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great design! Love that paper flower, and I love how you were "coerced" into using extra layers! LOL Great job, and thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Elise said...

HELLO, Fabulous! This card is ALIVE with elegance! Love your use of the CTD colors and intoxicating detail from your creative journey! Great show!

Michele said...

Fab card - love the fan flower x