Pages

Wednesday 30 December 2009

Designing My Life for 2010


I can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year than by taking Cathy Zielske's Design My Life class 2010. Okay so that may say more about me that I get excited by this. But I leave the rest of you to kiss a stranger under the mistletoe and live with the consequences over the next 12 months :D


I've taken this superb class before just a little over a year ago when it first came around and the class is almost exactly the same again. But it doesn't hurt to practice the basic principles. Plus I can look forward to Cathy's wonderful videos each week. And, and, and...I have evolved my creative style since the last time I took it, so it'll be interesting to see the difference in what I produce over the next 12 weeks.


I'm going to be making one major change already. The class has you creating layouts in all different sizes. I've been there, done that and had my mind opened up with it. I don't need to experiment this time. So I've decided to make all my pages A4 size. It's just simpler to buy card, folders and pockets here in the UK.


This layout here is the pre class intro page. The lessons don't start until tomorrow. This is a mere warm up. A taster. The original was a 12x12 LO containing 9 equal squares to create around as you wish. I've not altered the design too drastically, just stretched them into rectangles. I've kept it clean and simple. It's now sitting in my decorated folder which I'll try and photograph at some time too.

2 comments:

Neet said...

This is lovely Paul and I agree it won't hurt to take a class you know you have loved and enjoyed for a second time.
Happy New Year to You Both.
xx

Michele said...

Fab, Paul. Looking forward to seeing this year's take on the class x