Pages

Thursday 1 April 2010

Positively Purple


Over at Colour Q a pair of felt booties threw up the combie of purples and greens, a light and a dark in each, which gave opportunity for playing with the contrasts.

I started with the background purple then added the light green. I followed that with lavender which stood out by being darker. I then went darker still with the focal frame before adding the final layer of light green. The velveteen paper butterflies are the darkest colour and contrast against all the colours the sit on.

I was hoping to add some stitching to my cards this week but as you can see, it didn't happen. It might have added a little more texture to the design, giving an extra oomph but I need to have a practice on the machine before I start adding it to my challenge entries. At the moment, if I attempted it, the threads would be wandering all over the place haha. With me and sewing machines it's a battle of wills.

Supplies: Cardstock; Papermill. Patterned Paper; Basic Grey, DCWV, Prima Marketing. Velveteen Paper; Craft Barn. Dies; Spellbinders. Stamps; Impression Obsession. Bling; KARS. Ribbon; Own stash.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Gorgeous card, Paul. Love the mix of papers and the velvet butterflies are fab! x

Renée said...

Love the mix of colours and the layout!

Neet said...

Love your shades Paul (on the card) - another of your fab cards. Like how you have used your mounts.