Pages

Thursday 20 May 2010

Inspired by Grids & Tomatoes


I know! Three cards & three challenges all in the space of one morning!!! I can thank the Pomodoro system which I've been using recently. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's a time management tool that works really well for me.

Anyhoo, here's my card for this week's Colour Q. Had a bit of a creativity-block with the colours. They work. Other people have made some wonderful examples but I couldn't see how to use them. Sounds daft I know. Fortunately, I was inspired again by blog hopping. Savannah made a card which I saw this morning and I used the gridding idea and adapted it to my own creation.

The most wonderful aspect of Colour Q is that they always include white. I've said it before but it's such a useful addition. Whenever a scheme overwhelms me, I can rely on using just a pinch of it on blank white canvas and hey presto! it works.

Right, off to set my pomodoro timer again and on with some work lol.

7 comments:

Michele said...

wow you've been busy today! Another fab card. I like the colour blocks and the mix of embellishments you've used. Very intrigued by the Pomodoro system - off to investigate x

Dazzled Nance said...

Excellent card, Paul. Very 3-Dish. I was wondering what your card had to do with tomatoes! So, I checked out the Pomodoro site. Had never heard of it. Very interesting. I may have to try that myself. Good luck with the challenge. I myself am trying to fit those colors together myself and not having a lot of luck so far.

JoZart Designs said...

I might just have to set the timer for 20 mins on the Pomodoro technique!!! I certainly need HELP.
Love each unit on your card plus the finished combo.
Jo x

Dotpat said...

Brill card Paul, I would of made a mess of that but you have done a brill job

Unknown said...

Hey Paul! This is awesome! Great layout and the use of the challenge colors is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at the Colour Q!

Neet said...

Not a clue where tomatoes come in but I do like what you have produced. Now to check that site but bet I need a lesson from someone.

LeAnne said...

I love this type of layout, I used it myself on my Color Throwdown card this week! Great minds think alike!

It's great to see how people each interpret the challenge in different ways---I love it!