Pages

Thursday 6 May 2010

Play Date Cafe 28


Haven't had a lot of time to play but decided to give myself an hour to create an entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. Black, white, grey and dusty pink. A combo that has a designer feel to it. I can imagine an interior room being styled in these colours. Anyway, I didn't go that far, just a card lol.

I punched out some squares and adhered them to the card. I punched 1" diameter circles in pink and stamped then clear embossed the sentiment. Yup, I've kept it minimal again, trying for that simple, dramatic look, I so favour.

Hoping to get myself over to Port Sunny on Saturday to the Stamp fair. Crossing fingers I don't go quite as frenzied as I did last time. Just keep telling myself, I don't need every stamp design I see! For all my local blog followers, hopefully I'll see you there :)

17 comments:

Michele said...

Fab use of this week's colours. I love the geometric design and the way you've replaced one of the circles with the sentiment. You've certainly achieved the 'simple yet dramatic look'. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday x

Majo said...

This is what I like.... it is straight, no curves and go around, just plain good craft, wonderful idea and I love that stamp with the broken surface, I have one like it from Crafty Individuals and use it very often.

Cath Wilson said...

Definitely striking, Paul :) I like this a lot.

See you Saturday! Come meet us outside at 1!

Julie Ranae said...

So glad this color combo worked for you...it really is one of my favs!

If you make it to Port Sunny show, you should be able to see our Sarah! She is demoing this Saturday (that's Wirral, right?) : )

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully done!

Jan Hennings said...

Paul,
This is such a cool card! Love it :)

joy said...

Oh, wow! This card is so retro looking - those colors were very popular in the fifties and you have made them look so stylish, too! Love this. . .

Mona Pendleton said...

What a neat looking card Paul! Love the crackled look! Very creative! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC - so happy to see your smiley face :)

Say hi to Sarah for me :)

Ruby said...

Fab design Paul, I really like the simplicity of your designs, fun!

Tracy Evans said...

Your card has a definite geomatric feel to it. Love it simple but effective. Tracy Evans x x

Suzanne C said...

Love the design Such a beautiful dramatic look!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH---love that pop of pink! Great job on the color combo--I'd love to see you do a room with these colors! I bet it would look FAB! Great job and thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of this weeks challenge, great sketch. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Michele Gross said...

Super cool! I love how its modern and clean. Great work with the pattern-really makes the colors pop! :)

Michelle said...

Very clean elegant card, lovely take on the colour challenge:-)

Sarah Anderson said...

you didn't come and say hello!! :( Love this design, it works brilliantly with these colours

Unknown said...

Wonderful design, Paul! Love the embossed sentiment.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!