Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

I Want My Mummy


A wonderful crafty friend of mine, Tim, posted a link and told me to take a look at the Just Ink Lined challenge. When I spoke to him over the weekend, he was telling me all about digital stamping, extolling their virtues and I had to admit to having never tried them.

So here is another first (there seems to be quite a few of those recently). I printed the image of the Mummy out and with my promarkers, added the colour. I trimmed the Mummy out and thought about how to use it. I guessed that it was meant for Halloween so, though it's not such a big event in the UK, I made an attempt to create a card for it.

Materials List:
Paper/Card: Black & Dark Grey (from scraps), Grey (DCWV)
Stamps: Just Ink Lined
Dies: Spellbinders
Other: Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Promarkers, Black Fibre, Glitter glue

13 comments:

Jak Heath said...

So pleased you joined in on our Halloween challenge, your card is fabulous.

JoZart Designs said...

It wasn't an attempt it is a genuine result and I love it!
Good fabby fun!
Love Jo x

Fab said...

Great card Paul ! just love the matrix on the right hand side ! :) X Fab

Tim said...

Lovely card, Paul. Glad I was able to give you the push to try digistamps. Jak make fabulous cards using digistamps. Great inspiration :)

Michele said...

Fab card - I like the glitzy mat and the way you've wrapped the fibres to match the embossed background x

Sarah A said...

Great card Paul, love that image and it has just the perfect Hallow'eeness for us Brits!!

Sarah

Dotpat said...

Fab card Paul but bless you could of wrapped it in a blanket instead of bandages he he

Jolanda said...

Wow...this is just stunning.
Love it how you made this card.
Hugs Jolanda

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fab card Paul!! Great to have you join us at Just Inklined :)

Cath Wilson said...

Brilliant, Paul - love the way you've used that image, though I have to protest here - you can NOT call it a STAMP!!! It's flipping clip art and digital art - now come on, lol. It has its own place but it certainly ain't stamping!!! Will argue with you when I next see you, he, he!

Cathy said...

Paul, so nice to see a guy joining in the chaallege. Wonderful card, thanks for playing the Just Inklined Challenge. Great Job!

Sandie said...

LOVE your card. The embossing really enhances the design. Great colouring on the image.

Toni said...

Love your card and thanks for joining in the challenge
x