Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

Actually He's a Real Softie...Honest


Here's my interpretation of this week's sketch as designed by Kirsty for the Wednesday Cybercrop. Again, I've had to adapt it to suit an A4 format but I've kept most of the design intact. Just a minor tweak here & there.

The LO regards my big, soft, furry cat, Basil. I completely understand that some people aren't keen on our feline friends and the main reason being their sharp teeth and claws. However, I've grown up among cats and I'm used to scratches. But I digress. We found these jute mice toys in a local pet store and ever since, our floor has becomes strewn with disembowelled innards. Every evening, he bats one around and then shreds it. They're tough, hardy toys but no match for his sharp weapons. Great fun to watch though, especially when he's rewarded with the catnip inside and goes into cat-drugged nirvana.

8 comments:

Julia said...

Love your layout Paul. We have the same problem with our jack russell dog whose happens to be Basil.

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout, Paul! Basil has such a sweet face.. better the jute mice than the furniture!

Neet said...

Aaw, lovely photo of Basil. Your LO is good too and one which will be a treasure - deserves framing.
Love the bit about him going to nirvana - reminds me of a computer game I used to have called "Cats". When you gave your cat (virtual) some catnip he used to do the strangest things. Hope Basil does not go as mad as the virtual cat did.

Michele said...

LOL - love it! x

Dotpat said...

Love your layout Paul and your write up is great. Always enjoy reading your blog.
Thanks for the lovely comment on my flowers

Kirsty Wiseman said...

simple and elegant, like all your layouts, Paul xx

alexa said...

A great page, Paul - I love the way you've used the colours to move the eye round the page. You absorbed the CZ lessons well! What a minx ... (your cat, not CZ!)

Banu said...

WOW, what a superb layout. Loved it. Basil is so cute and loved the whole Nirvana description.