Pages

Sunday 6 February 2011

Playing with Berries


Or rather playing with a palette which to me evokes the image of fruits such as plums, strawberries, blueberries and cranberries and so forth. It's this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge choice. They are all selected from an photograph of an exotic, richly-hued, flower. You just can't go wrong when taking inspiration from nature.

I dug out my spellbinders nestabilities and cut a variety of sizes from the Dahlia & Blossom sets, using card in the three different shades of red. I embossed them using a starburst pattern on the larger pieces and dots on all the rest. I inked the edges before scrunching up the petals to add dimension. The sentiment, stamped in the dark blue, is from Papertrey Ink and the scroll shape is another spellbinders die.

13 comments:

Ruby said...

You did me proud Paul! Love all of the texture, and how clever to pick out the blue in the sentiment, love it! Thanks for playing along this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Michele said...

Fab card - love the flowers x

Anne Jagger said...

Gorgeous Paul and the background paper is perfect X

Maria said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Love the background paper and flowers!

Nigel said...

Wonderful card, very sumptuous.

I have a sudden craving for fruits of the forest & ice-cream! :)

Julie Ranae said...

I just love what you did with Ruby's colors, Paul. I keep thinking that I need to get that Spellbinders die for the ornate label...this confirms it!
So great to have you play...you know I love ya! xx

Fiona said...

Beautiful Paul - love the way you combined the colours :) Thanks for playing at the PDCC this week!

Netty said...

Love those flowers the colour is so lush. Annette

Tracey said...

A real beauty Paul!! You did Ruby proud and also Spellbinders!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Neet said...

A lovely card - reminds me of eating whinberries with cream and takes me back to my childhood. That's the colour I am talking about. Great flowers!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I loved it right away from the thumbnail, Paul! It is so gorgeous in all its CASness. Thank you so much for entering it at the CAfe! Really gorgeous.

Sarah Anderson said...

yummy background paper, and great use of the blue for the sentiment! Love your flowers, they make for a great card. Thanks so much for joining our play date over at the cafe ;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hey Paul - another great one from you. Love that DP bkgrd too. You're right, they are colors of berries. :) Thanks for playing at The Cafe.