Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

New52 February 2011


Another month gone by in the blink of an eye, which means a new layout to document my year of New 52 experiences.

The main new activity was to take a four-part evening class at a local workshop, Beetlefelt. How this place hasn't hit my radar before I do not know. The whole ambience is abound with creativity. I learnt plenty of new, inspiring techniques but the main thing is that it has encouraged me to blow the dust off my sewing machine and start putting it to good crafty use.

Next up was dining out at a new, very fancy restaurant, Damson for our anniversary (There are so many dates we could pick but 4th of Feb is the one Nick & I favour the most). Luxury and gourmet just ooze out of it's pores here. The service is impeccable, the food is divine and the ambience is perfect. It's not a cheap do, but it's perfect when you want to treat yourself to a special night out.

The dentist is a far less exciting prospect but nevertheless it was new. Well, not going to the dentist but going to a new practise. Dentists and I are never going to be the best of buddies and I often feel growing anxiety in the days before an appointment. I was even more fretful this time around as it was someone new to me. It takes a handful of visits before I start to trust and begin to relax. Certainly never upon sitting in a black leather chair for the first time. However, it all went well and best of all no injections were required.

Finally, I went for a stroll with Nick around Sale Water Park. It's only down the road from us but we've never donned our walking boots and wandered around it. I have to say, it isn't a big deal. Yes it was new but it was of little interest. We'll certainly not be rushing back for a future visit. So I've added in a little extra New52. At the last Beetlefelt class, Carol, the tutor, showed me how to make fabric flowers. The first one I created was appalling as I pawed at the fabric trying to manipulate the petals into shape. However, when I tried again, I finally grasped the knack of it. Not as difficult as I had at first perceived. Okay, I stabbed myself with a needle plenty of times but that's par for the course. What's a little blood soaking into your flowers when they look so fancy.

And that, my dear readers, was February. March starts with a bang instead of a whimper as by the time this post hits your screens, I shall be in Paris having plenty of New52 experiences. The difficulty, I hope, will be in having to pick only one.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your “new52” concept, sounds like you are having lots of fun with it. Hope you have a wonderful time in Paris, we were there a couple of weeks ago, what an amazing city it is.

alexa said...

Stunning, Paul! That glorious damson colour is so crisp against the white ... Love your smart design too and very grateful for those links. Just a nice length of class ...

Neet said...

What a fabulous posting Paul - I enjoyed your February journey so much and can empathise with the dentist visit. Postponed mine yet again - need you to come and hold my hand I think.
Hope you are having a great time in Paris (I've gone green) and hope to see you Saturday.
Hugs x

olive said...

we missed you today.....hope you had a great time. Padgate on 20th? hugs xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Sounds like a fab Feb and now I hope you have a Magic, Mad, Marvellous, Maelstrom of a March! look forward to the first episode of you Meanderings in Paris..
Jo x