Pages

Monday 25 July 2011

Charity Shop Find - The Before




Thought I'd show you a project I'm in the middle of at the moment. I've had the urge to alter something for a while now and sitting in my craft room have been two wooden boxes I found in a local charity shop which I picked up for next to nothing.

The first step (and the dullest) is the prep work. In this case, that means adding a priming coat of white gesso. Now it has dried, the more creative (and therefore enjoyable) process can begin, of decorating them. The smaller box has been painted already but I've yet to tackle the larger one. Hopefully, within the coming week, I'll have found the time to finish them and I'll take the "After" photo.

Till then, I hope everyone has a a creative, playful week. Pxx

2 comments:

Neet said...

What a shame you missed a start to your creative week - look forward to seeing what you eventually do with these boxes. Hugs, Neet x

alexa said...

This looks like fun, Paul - once the boring gesso-ing is out of the way. Have you got definite plans for them, or will you let the decisions unfold moment by moment?