Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

EDM Challenge 6

Okay, I missed a day! But thankfully this isn't a time sensitive challenge. I don't have to do them everyday. However, it is good for me to attempt to discipline myself and try to keep up the momentum. It's just that (get ready for the excuses) I ran out of time etc. etc. etc.

Anyhow, I nearly talked myself out of it today too, so I'm more surprised than anyone that I have another EDM Challenge to share. I'm now up to number 6...




...a childhood toy. An easy subject to choose as I only have the one. My ancient teddy. I've kept him all these years because he was bought on the day I was born and I'm a tad sentimental about the fact he's as old as I am. He's just about as worn, tatty and frayed as I am too.

Anyways, I think I'm going to have to make something soon. With all this drawing, I haven't attacked any paper with scissors or glue, nor have I been within sniffing distance of a stamp, inking pad or handmade flower. And I can see all those expensive punches I own, sitting in a box to the right of me, quietly gathering a layer of dust.

And for those who asked...the Coq was delicious! Good job too, as the quantity was a little bit more than expected and tonight we'll be tucking into it for the fourth night in a row (and thankfully the last). No meat is ever discarded in this household where possible (as in, if it hasn't gotten to the point of becoming a health hazard). Nick is of the opinion that if an animal died to provide the food we bought, it should never be wasted. It messes up my weekly meal plans but I know he's right.

Besides, how can you ever tire of boiled chicken!!!!

(& thankfully a salmon has given it's life for tomorrow!)

Enjoy the rest of your week folks.

Pxx

11 comments:

kjjc said...

oops don't know where I have been for the last couple of posts of yours but I have just noticed that I hadn't noticed them. Anyway I love your teddy-I have mine too although the neat freak has him stowed away somewhere so I can not see him-the teddy that is not the neat freak!!!

cockney blonde said...

Love, this Paul, brilliant drawing. Are you clucking or laying yet???

Jodie Lee Studio said...

Paul!! That teddy is so special. I'd love to see him in a children's book!

alexa said...

What a sweet drawing, Paul, with huge Ahhh factor, given his lovely relationship with you! How wonderful to have kept him all this time. I am sure he is honoured to have sat for his portrait. :)

Neltine said...

Hi Paul,

Your blog is great! I love your cards and label projects. And the tutorials about making flowers is so needed here:) Flowers are to expensive here in the Netherlands...so glad I found here a way of making them my own (if it works for me..haha..lol).

Have a great crafting summer.

Greetz,
Neltine

donnalouiserodgers said...

very expressive (it yells- 'I need a hug') good work

hope the meat has run out and you get a new menu tomorrow - I sabotage those kind of plans in our kitchen by inviting people round to eat the surplus...

dxxx

Neet said...

Paul, I too have my teddy who is a male one but he has a dress on - what little girl wouldn't want a teddy in a dress? Love the direction you are going in but I do miss your other stuff.
Hugs, Neet xx

Cath Wilson said...

Aw, that you kept him and aw, he's lovely! I didn't keep any childhood things - gave all my dolls and teddies away when I was about 11 or 12 cos they didn't interest me (only used to play school with them anyway) - I wasn't very girly, was I? Great sketch x

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous teddy drawing - think I've missed some here so off to look.
Julia

Andrea Ewen said...

I'm loving watching your creative mind unfold! You've got a knack for drawing...and I enjoy seeing the elevation in your confidence. Keep it up!

House of Bears said...

Now that is a fantastic bear. What a talent you have