Pages

Thursday 11 April 2013

Cathy's Class, Week 2 - Count Every Blessing

The Clean & Simple Workshop has come around again and it's week two. Lessons are posted every Thursday and I'm being a bit of a swot in doing the assignment nice and early. Well, I had a spare few hours and I know I won't have any other time. Thankfully, I'm not a newbie to the world of Photoshop, so the learning curve wasn't quite as steep as it could be.




It's also a fully digital page this week. I suppose it doesn't have to be but I'm happy to have just as it is. Whilst time is short, I can easily print this out just as it is and place in a scrapbook.

The theme behind the page, is to document ten things you are grateful for. A template was supplied but not quite as cut and paste as the week before. This time around, Cathy put us to work and we had to piece together elements of the design ourselves. So there'll be a lot more diversity this week in the class gallery. And we could choose our own colour scheme, hence the muted palette I have used here.

Mind you, seasoned pro that I am, I still picked up a few nuggets this week as well of being reminded of some principles which have been quietly forgotten in the back of my brain.

I may be prolific in my blogging this week but it won't last. A busy week ahead means I probably won't  find as much time to play and create. Will hopefully be back on track by the end of next week


7 comments:

kjjc said...

Call me mosey but I really enjoyed ready the journaling and learning what you are grateful for. Great layour

Andrea Ewen said...

Me, too. I really enjoyed reading a small snippet of your life, but however small, a huge impact on who you are today. Bravo. :)

Jocelyn said...

Beautifully done. Sometimes, the words are more important than the layout or doo dads we attach to the page.

alexa said...

Such a beautifully subtle design and colourway, Paul - you do these so well! Sigh! - Your clean and simple always takes my breath away ...

Michele said...

Love your colour scheme. This style of scrapbooking portrays what scrapbooking is all about - it tells a story about what matters to you and makes interesting reading now and for the future. x

mark gould said...

A very nice page Paul. I love your eye for detail, the alternating of the colours for the numbers etc. great layout.
It was really good to finally meet you at Ally Pally, nice to put a person with the blog so to speak.
must catch up again when poss.

Neet said...

Nice muted colour scheme - well laid out - envious of your talent with hotshot. I never have got the hang of it.
Hugs, Neet xx