Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Profiles, Lightbulbs & Sketches

What a funny old week it's been. Busy too. I've hardly had the time to sit and craft. That's August for you though. Lots of deadlines to be met, impulsive behaviour to be indulged in and this week, the odd bit of self discovery.

But first. There's a new design over at CAS(e) This Sketch.






And here's my take on it...




I knew that somehow I wanted to include one of Prima's Lightbulb embellishments. I've been thinking of using them for a while but never gotten as far as opening the packet. Well, I saw fit to rip it open and pull one of the little beauties out. I also took out my pad of Prima's Madeleine collection. The only problem, was that the lightbulbs are translucent and seeing the paper through the resin was distracting.

Easy to solve with a dab of glossy accents on the back of the embellishment and stuck onto white card. When dry, I cut around the bulb and attached to the card. I stamped a Papertrey Ink sentiment onto a banner cut from a Simon Says Stamp Die. Finally, I pieced it all together to create the completed card.

So that's the lightbulbs and sketches explained. What about the profile? Well that's a test I undertook this week. And I have to say it bowled me over when I was told the results. I'm not talking about a questionnaire in the back of Cosmopolitan magazine by the way. I'm talking proper professional testing. Loved the results! Me to a tee but I hadn't even realised. It's like a lightbulb has flashed above my little head. Sudden clarity. It was no surprise to find out I scored high on the creative side but the rest was a revelation. Stuff I kind of knew from what others have said and perhaps I had thought but just not fully let myself accept. I see my life in whole new way with better understanding now.

I'm being deliberately vague I know. I'm not ready to reveal the full results just yet. I'm still letting them sink in. It'll come out in dribs and drabs as I do something and blog about it, I'm quite sure.

London tomorrow, for the day. An early start. Not sure what's on the agenda yet but it would surprise no one if I returned with pork pies and macarons.

Thanks for dropping by




4 comments:

alexa said...

Well, I am intrigued! Not just by the results but by what prompted you :). A lightbulb seems such an appropriate motif then - and the slightly quirky and perky script is perfect. Hoping you have a happy and macaroon-filled day!

Michele said...

Fab card - love the lightbulb! Hope you have a lovely day in London x

Chrissy Larson said...

Super cool. That light bulb is awesome!

mark gould said...

A beautiful card Paul, a very clever and creative use for the light bulb