Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

Turning To Colour Q

In my previous post, I mentioned that if I had time, I wanted to make a card using the inspiration from this week's Colour Q challenge. As you can see, it has my favourite colour, black and along with white, you could choose an accent colour. Perfectly me.

Here's the inspiration photo...


And here's my take on it...


It's a really easy card to put together and by 'eck it came out really well. Clean, graphic and punchy. As much as I am happy to work with the full spectrum of colours (okay maybe not yellow) I love it when I return to black and white. And if you've followed my blog for a while, you'll know I'm a creature of habit and my comfort zone is to use red as the accent.

The circular stamps are from a set by Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment is by Hero Arts. I embossed the sentiment with red powder, punched out and stuck onto the card with foam pads.

And finally, a big thank you to Michelle from Dynamic Duos, who chose my Black & Kraft card as her favourite. You're a sweetie. Mwah!

Thanks for popping by

8 comments:

Claire said...

Very striking Paul...kind of reminds me of zentangle doodling but in stamp form! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q this week (and congrats on the DD mention!)

Kay Wallace said...

Another striking winner, Paul! I could tell before reading that you had popped up your sentiment, and it looks fab! Not surprised at all that you were the DT "favorite" with that black'n'kraft card! You are definitely on a roll here!

Michele said...

Fab card! Congrats on being a "Dynamic Darling' x

Unknown said...

I agree, you're on a roll! Another cool graphic design.

kjjc said...

You are good at the whole b&w thing. Great card. Love the touch of red.

alexa said...

It is indeed very cool and full of style - very you!

Monika Reeck said...

I have that Sentiment too...it is Hero Arts ...am I right Paul LOL :-)) I love your arrangement with black white and red...this time you put WOMAN color ...nice CAS card Paul...I made a new post..let us see..do you like my new manly card or not?

Amy White said...

Fabulous graphic card! Love that pop of red with all the black and white circle designs! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ!