Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Grab those sunglasses


Back to cards again. It's a brighter, lighter colour scheme than I usually go for. A bit too acid for my tastes normally. However, you know how I like to step out of my colour safety zone and play. My starting point was choosing the chipboard shape and building around it. The ever wonderful Kirsty swapped crafty stuff with me a while back and I became the proud owner of some Basic Grey chipboard in bubblegum pink and lime green. I was also fortunate to have some scraps given to me by my lovely crafting friend Alison at the end of the last crafty get together, which fit the colour scheme exactly. Finally, I hopped over to Monday Mojo and used their sketch for this week. And that folks, is how I arrived at the colourful project above. It's worth the experiment but I can't see my adopting these colours in future projects.

2 comments:

Jemma said...

OMG PINK!!! hahahaha love this card, i love the bright fun colours!! totally not what i would expect from you but i love that you are willing to play and experiment and not always do what you are famous for doing!!

Michele said...

Fab card - gorgeous colour combo x