Pages

Thursday 23 July 2009

From sofa to card




Those who know me, know I keep a design inspiration book which is filled with photos cut out from magazines etc. I use a 2" square template to discipline me to cut out the essence of what attracts me in the photo. Sometimes, it's colour, sometimes texture and other times pattern. Anyway, I'm often asked what I use this book for and I thought I'd show you. There are plenty of colour challenge sites which take inspiration from sources around them and this is exactly what I've done here. I liked the combo of teals and cream in this picture of a sofa and dug around through my paper collection to find matches. A slash of my knife here and there, a spray of glue and that's it, I have another card.

8 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Love it, Paul - my favourite colours, too :)

Karen said...

Aaaawww love those colours Paul. Gorjus just gorjus.

Love the card below too another fab colour combo.

Love Karen x

Anne Jagger said...

I love this colour combo too Paul, gorgeous card.
Thanks for "visiting" by the way! LOL!
Anne x

Jemma said...

awesome card and design, although i cant imagine you you being that disciplined!! hahahaha xx

Artyjen said...

Heck! I do exactly the same........except I am not that disiplined with the two inch square bit and I have torn pieces of mags falling out all over the place!!! LOL
Super colour combo
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely colours and a great design for your card - very elegant too. Are you going to buy a sofa like this for your new home (when you get it, of course)? x alexa

Michele said...

Lovely card - fab colour combo :)

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous card.