Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Grey & Burgundy Card





I've just taken delivery of three of the new cuttlebug embossing folders and I just had to try them out. This is the first card I made with them using the flourished frame. I wanted to keep it fairly monochromatic and use contrast to separate out the layers. Whenever I use a black and grey combo I can't help myself, I like to accent with just a touch of red. Therefore I dug out my velveteen papers and punched out a scalloped circle in the burgundy colour. After several minutes stroking its soft surface, I stuck the circle and sentiment over it. Finally a button and dewdrops for dimension and jut because it caught my eye whilst rummaging through my stash, I tied this sexy black lace around it, bought from Bolton Market a few weeks ago for a steal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, in an arty and understated way ... Loving that embossing! x alexa

Michele said...

Gorgeous - love how you've used the flourish frame x