Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

Playing Catch Up



Thank goodness for creativity! It's meditational, fun and calming. It allows the mind to focus. It's been just the tonic. Still haven't gotten around to clearing up my art room though this weekend. Well there's always the next.

So when I have been playing in my messy room, it's been making crafts for challenges. Play Date Cafe again! I love the colours that have come up so far. This time around was black, red and white. My first thought was, uh! not very original. But thinking on, the colours were influenced by a teenager and when I was that very same age, I decorated my bedroom in black, white and red. So, in fact they were an appropriate if not classic scheme. And hey, who needs originality all the time? Sometimes, going back to the classics and playing with them again is a good exercise.

So anyhow, I made not one, but two cards for this challenge. I decided to play at keeping the black dominant and switching around to white. Okay I could have tried a third with red dominating but shucks, I'm lazy haha. I also tried for minimalism too. Playing around with how basic I could get away with and still have a good looking card. The downside is that this discipline doesn't exactly use up a lot of stash. My scraps pile has hardly had a dent made in it this week.

10 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Paul, I really like your take on the challenge. These colors are so simple, basic and yet pack a whallop.
Carole

Anonymous said...

Very stylish and masculine

Julie Ranae said...

As I get to know your style, this is YOU! I am so glad that you played along with us again at the PDCC.

I love these entries!

Sarah Anderson said...

I really like both these cards!!! They make such a statement being so minimalist. Excellent design, fab cards

Hearts Turned said...

Great cards for the challenge, Paul...clean, simple and make a statement!

*Alison* said...

~Great cards... Thanks for playing with us..Hope you come back for #4

Sandi said...

lovely Thanks for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge with us. Sandi

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Paul! I find both of these cards very beautiful, and very eye catching! I love their clean lines and crisp look!
;) Paulette

Sue said...

Soooo simple but soooo effective! Great take on the challenge!

Michele said...

Clean, simple and stylish!