Pages

Monday 21 December 2009

I challenged myself this time


Last night I took a break from creating something for a challenge and decided to challenge myself instead. I've bought a lot of metal embellishments but hardly used them at all. So I kick started myself to begin including them with this quick little card. I also used one of my new cuttlebug embossing folders, which earns me another plus point in using stash. When I started out, I had it in mind to make a black and white card but as I was putting it together, I thought, you know what, you often use black and white, why not add an accent colour? So I did. A hint of purple. Okay I know it sounds sad but to someone who loves playing with colour combos this was an exciting aha eureka moment. The craft room may have looked a mess after I finished but I was feeling strangely satisfied and content. In my defence, it has been snowing and the roads are icy so I'm not getting out of the house very much haha.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Fab card - I love the embossing folder and the corner punch is rather nice too :)

kjjc said...

love that ef Paul. In fact love the card. Well done