Pages

Saturday 2 January 2010

Rugs! Not as easy as you first think




I'm remembering how fast paced the last CZ class is now. Three LOs in the last two days. You really do have to churn them out quickly to stay ahead. This morning I received my instructions for the Real World Colour class. Cathy had sampled a rug design for the colours. Given that I'd already used that scheme last time, I went online to look for my own rug to inspire me. That's when I realised that this wasn't as simple as I might have first thought. I needed something with three or four different colours and most of the designs I came across were monochromatic or two toned. Finally I found one I liked and I was off.


Yesterday I produced a LO on Adam, my first housemate. It felt appropriate then to do a LO on the third member of our household, Mark. I re-interpreted Cathy's sketch, found more patterned paper to cut up and a mere two hours of fannying around on a computer, printing everything out and sticking it down, I had my assignment done and dusted. Maybe now I can perhaps start on those thank you/ birthday cards I need to do.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I did a double take when I saw your post title - I thought you'd managed to make a rug as well as all the fab Los you're producing LOL! x