Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Inescapable


It's a colour scheme which is hard to escape from - red, white and blue. It's the colours in the flags of both the UK & USA flags and symbolises patriotism for both cultures. We've seen quite a bit of it earlier this year, with the royal wedding back in April and now our American friends have been crafting away with this trio of hues for their Independence Day celebrations (and I hope that my US readers had a really good time on Monday :) )

So having logged onto Mojo Monday for a sketch and the Shabby Tea Room for inspiration, I dug around my stash, within these colours, keeping to hues which suggested a vintage style. I even played around with inking edges. Only a little bit mind. Nothing which would come as too big of a shock to my system. Need to practice a little more. I was aiming for a subtle aged and worn effect, rather than distressed and it's a fine line. It doesn't need much before one tips over into the other.

In other news, the bed has arrived! I can look forward to back -pain free nights of blissful sleep at last. Well I can for a couple of nights that is, before I head off to London again for the weekend. Visiting a friend in Staines this time (it's only a 40 minute train journey from the capital, so I still see it as visiting the city). Crossing fingers that the weather is dry. Don't mind if there's no sun, so long as it doesn't rain. Hoping everyone has a good weekend too, whatever your plans. Pxx

10 comments:

Suzi B said...

Hi Paul... this is a lovely muted, red, white and blue
sue :)

Michele said...

Fab card - have a good weekend x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous, Paul ... I love all those yummy textures you've included this week in your design! Brilliant!! Thanks for sharing your work with us in the Tea Room :)

alexa said...

Lovely soft interpretation ... How's the bed shaping up?

Olena said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great job! Olena

Sheri said...

This is so pretty and delicate! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at The Tea Room ;-)

Neet said...

Love your take on RW&B - those toned down shades look really good together. Hugs,Neet x

ps enjoy your trip

Sian Ridley said...

I really like the graphic look to this card-I can honestly say I have never seen lace and butterflies used in this way-genius! I hope you are enjoying your bed, I can totally sympathise with back pain!

Sian Ridley said...

I really like the graphic look to this card-I can honestly say I have never seen lace and butterflies used in this way-genius! I hope you are enjoying your bed, I can totally sympathise with back pain!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So dreamy! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!