Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

A Special Card


Well! Hello again!!! After trying to set up an online presence elsewhere, so that I could design tutorials and save them in a pdf format, I find myself returning back to my blogger site. Okay, it may not let me add pdf files but this little bit of webspace is much more reader friendly with easier follow and commenting features. So, as you can see, after a brief interruption to proceedings, I'm back.

The two tutorials from the other site have been modified and are coming over here. I have also added a tab button at the top of this page, which will have the links to any tutorials I do, all kept in one place. So to begin, here's a repeat of a post you may have already seen, but in it's new home here...







I had no real purpose in mind when I began, I just grabbed a pad of My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found: Breeze collection of paper, tore out a couple of sheets and took it from there. After piecing them together into a background, I decided I hadn't sewn on a project for a while and I love to see stitching on a card. I couldn't bring myself to dust down the sewing machine, so needle and thread it was.


I cut the scalloped circle out of card with a Spellbinder's Die (Lacey Circles) and added a big dollop of white distress crackle paint. The heart was painted, inked, popped through an embossing plate and inked again. The pink rose is made from wet toilet paper pressed into a mould. And the flower is a variation of the Tattered Bloom I had lying around.  The sentiment was trimmed out of the MME paper and to finish, I added just a hint of pink lace. 
Have a wonderful, creative day my friends
P x

1 comment:

alexa said...

Another very pretty layered collection - you really excel at these!