Pages

Sunday 5 May 2013

Clean & Simple Week 5

My poor little blog will feel neglected soon. I haven't sat down and crafted or sketched anything at all recently. So nothing to show. I have spent a bit of time re-sorting out my dies into a new filing system but it's not worth photographing. Not unless you want to see plain brown ringbinders with sheets of dies inside.

However, I am still on Cathy Zielske's Clean & Simple course and committed to staying up to date. So I do now have the latest layout to share.




It wasn't a page I could easily create quickly by doing a digital version (which was rather the point of the lesson I think). The crafty Mrs C had designed a hybrid layout for us which included pockets. And as she said in her video presentation, it's not easy to recreate pockets in digital format.

So though there was plenty to do on computer first and print out, there was also a good deal of proper scrapbooking and papercrafting involved. I even dusted off my stamps and added swirls as a border.

As simple as the final result is, it still took about 4 hours from start to finish to make. Who knows how long it would take me if I had to start from scratch and design the template too. It always tickles me when I see articles devoted to creating cards in ten minutes or scrapbooks in half and hour. I've never been able to manage it.

I'm a complete tortoise when it comes to crafting. Old, slow and in need of a tub of daily moisturiser lol. The only difference is that you find me munching on lettuce leaves as a treat!

Hope you are enjoying the bank holiday weekend. I'm off to make some lunch and settle down to watch a Hitchcock film. I realised that though I know the titles of his films, there are a lot of famous movies I've never seen. So far I've been entranced by Spellbound and delighted in Notorious. I think I'll take a peek out the Rear Window next.


4 comments:

alexa said...

Those are intriguing peeps into your CZ page - little slivers that promise more if you can get closer! I'd be in the tortoise corner with you - and proud to be :).

Justie said...

Very interesting layout. Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far?

mark gould said...

I'm really liking this page Paul. Great choices for colour and good to see some non digi stamping too ;-)
I so not understand how people do ten min cards either. It is not a proper craft session without a good deal of dithering. Enjoy your movie.

Neet said...

Great masculine layout Paul which I think comes about with your use of colour. When reading I wondered how you were going to create pockets on a digital LO.
Now despite you and Mark doubting it I can do a ten minute card - if I have the idea and the materials to hand. Simple but in ten minutes.

Hugs, Neet xx