Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

Clean & Simple Week 4

I'm being a mega swot again today by completing my homework only hours after the file reached my inbox. In my defence, the template this week was fairly easy. For starters, there was only one photo required and the other design elements were also simple to produce.




This week we had to journal a list about someone special. Naturally I chose my CP/DH/OH/SO or whatever the heck I'm supposed to refer to him as (I still haven't settled on a term I'm happy with). Anyway, I nabbed this photo of him from the file containing the photos from our recent trip to London.

I chose the picture of when I managed to snap a photo, sat outside Laduree, partaking of tea, in the Burlington Arcade. Cathy's advice was to try converting the photo to black & white, for it's advantage in covering up a multitude of design problems and looking arty to boot.

The papers are all Prima. The background comes from the Engraver collection whilst all the collaged elements come from Botanical.

I love following Cathy's clean style for this course and I adore the resulting pages but I know that it's more CZ than me in the design. I'm soooo tempted to start adding more dimension and elements to it and take it further away from CAS & more into another style altogether. Though I am pleased to be doing scrapbook layouts again. I hadn't realised how much I'd missed it.



6 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Aaawwwh! That's so special and isn't N luverly!?
Jo x

J. Anthony Stubblefield said...

Nice job. :-)

Justie said...

Very nice work. Love the background paper the dark brwon makes the black and white picture pop out. At least to me :)

alexa said...

The black and white is indeed very stylish and it is a lovely photo of The Man. I have been wondering if your own papers were going to make an appearance?

mark gould said...

I knew I recognised that bg paper. Such a good set. You should so two pages. One in the cas style and the same layout done with your flair.
Pages are looking great though mate.

Neet said...

Great LO and I just love that paper you chose. Reminds me of a PaperArtsy one a little.
I think the photo of your Other Half sits really well in here.

Hugs, Neet xx