Pages

Saturday 16 November 2013

Taking The Perfectionist Challenge

I'm over half way with my November 30 day challenge. Now I had every intention of not sharing it until the challenge is over. As in, when it's complete and darn near perfect. Of course, I know it will never be perfect. Certainly not in my eyes. So the world will never see what I'm playing with.

That's my comfort zone.

But the coaches on the challenge have other ideas. This morning, I opened today's email and here's what they sent...


My heart sank! First thoughts were along the lines of no freakin' way! This is not in line with how I intend to proceed.

But the coaches know what they're doing. They know about us perfectionists. The ones who never finish, never show, never share. They know about people like me.

So I've just spent my allotted 25 minutes on the computer, coming up with something which is part of my project (maybe. It's only version 1.0 - my get out clause)

And against my nature, I'm sharing it and taking the perfectionist challenge...


Whew! Not so difficult was it now? Don't know what all the fuss was about. That's one small step. There are 14 days left. What other small steps away from my comfort zone await?

Now where have I left that bar of chocolate for times such as these?

5 comments:

alexa said...

Great post and image, Paul - just wondering what it is you are busy creating :).

kjjc said...

Great image but just what is that cat actually saying Paul?.........

Kay Wallace said...

I might just have stepped away from this challenge mid-month, Paul, as sharing before I am ready is a very difficult thing for me to do. I will most likely have several versions and proofread any narrative 500 times before I post anything! But, brave soul that you are, you are here and putting yourself out there! Good on you, my friend! What you have done is piqued my curiosity today!

Michelle said...

As a recovering perfectionist, I understand how difficult this was for you to do! Perfectionism only holds us back. The difference between 80% and 100% is only noticeable to ourselves, everyone else thinks our 50% is awesome. ;-) (Just quietly, that cat is slightly disturbing... it has me wondering what it is you are working on, LOL!)

J. Anthony Stubblefield said...

Paul, all your productivity is making me tired! I am in constant awe of all you do. I can't even get one blog post a month and you are doing all of these daily projects. It is amazing. I need to recommit to being productive.

Keep up the good work.

Oh, and I think your pussy is just perfect.