Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

The One & Only

Hello Lovelies

I have my one and only handmade Christmas card to share today. I've already produced my usual, printed card design for everyone and I'll share that nearer to the festive day itself.

However, this weekend, I went along to the local Craft group's Christmas do and the deal is we take one handcrafted card, which is distributed in a Secret Santa format. Seems only fair that if I'm to receive a handcrafted card that whoever ends up with mine doesn't find a shop bought one inside when they rip open the envelope.

And here it is...



I die cut a triangle, covered the edges with wash tape and stamped a circular patterned image in green. I die cut a smaller triangle from the same nested set out of red card and cut off a point to create the pot. The sentiment is from Woodware stamps & stamped onto Kraft card with black Archival ink.

And that's it as far as card making goes for Christmas. I shall resume making thank you cards.

5 comments:

Gabby said...

Great card design! Clever to use triangles and mask for your tree. Love the BIG sentiment. Bet whoever received this card was happy. :) I am so glad to see your blog posts popping up now and again. For a long time, yours (and many others) just stopped coming. I tried to unsubscribe and re-subscribe but I kept getting a msg that told me I was already subscribed. Errrr. My provider tells me it's not them, blogger/blitz/etc tells me it's not them. Whatever the reason, glad to see at least some of yours popping up again. Okay then. Hope your holiday season continues to be merry. :)

Neet said...

and lovely it is too. You do such crisp clean cards at the moment, have made fabulous shabby chic ones .. I could go on. Multi talented is how I would describe you.
Sending lots of love to you and Nick
Hugs, Neet (and Chas)

alexa said...

Oooh, I do like this - especially with my favourite die of yours as a background! Very neat. That's a great font on that stamp ...

Monika Reeck said...

I read you designed and printed it out its cool but for me I cant I have only old black and white printer and its not help me to produce much cards I must making it by my self....and your card today is so lovely...I love that christmas pattern on the red pot and lovely christmas sentiment too...great using the kraft paper and white card base...love your design Paul...hugs, Monika

Neet said...

Love the sentiment stamp, can you stamp me one so I can look for it please.
Hugs Neet xxx