Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

A Rainbow of Powder

Hello Dear Reader

Can you believe it? Three days in a trot I've posted. Yes, I have another card to share.

A while ago, I picked up some bright embossing powders by Stampendous. They've been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to make something with them. So that's just what I did...


I stamped up with a repeat border stamp and Versamark ink pad (which I discovered was not as inked up as it once was and when I grabbed my re-inker, discovered that it too had but a dribble within. Thankfully, those few droplets were enough. After making this, I headed to a nearby shop and bought a fresh one to prevent further panic!)

I carried on inking up, stamping and adding powder then heat until I had placed a rainbow of colour onto the black card. I stamped on the sentiment and white embossed that too.

The black background shows the colours up really well. Reminiscent of neon chalks on a blackboard.


5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is terrific Paul, at first I thought it was strips of lace stuck on the card! Amazing embossing! In an emergency, if you run out of Versamark reinker, use glycerine, it works. Have a good day. Hazel x

Michele said...

Wow - such neat embossing and a lovely mix of colours! Must dig out my embossing powders x

Neet said...

Love those neon colours - what a brilliant idea. Not sure I would be brave enough to use all those embossing powders on the one card - thinking overheating here. You have, however, created the perfect sample.
Hugs, Neet (and thinks for visiting me when I was out - and I don't mean comatose LOL) xx

alexa said...

A glorious blast of colour for a chill and bleak day, Paul. Your work is always so neat - not a speck of powder anywhere!

Sappyla said...

mm I thought lace too at first sight. Lovely neat work. Impressed.