Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

Getting Graphic

Hello Sweet Reader

So soon after my last post, I have another card to share. It's one of those ideas that came to me as I was taking my daily stroll down by the river. Thankfully, it stayed with me until I returned home and in my craft room.

I'd been thinking about whether to make another rainbow card from using a set of stacked circular dies. Then I started to think, what if I turned it around and had a monochrome rainbow? Well, that's an idea I can still do one day. But my thoughts then went on. So I like a monochrome rainbow but what if I cut it in half and mix the pieces up and put back into a circle?

And that's what I did...


And I know there's no sentiment on it. Who says you always need one? And if they do? I say stuff 'em and break the rules. I don't want to add anything to detract from the impact of the graphic style. It has plenty of shelf appeal just as it is.


3 comments:

kjjc said...

It does indeed Paul and the sentiment will be inside anyway.

Michele said...

Great idea, executed perfectly to produce a striking card! X

alexa said...

It certainly does ... I was thinking bulls' eye. Great against that vibrant blue.