Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Getting Inky with Banksy


Look at me being all inky for a change lol.

This is another Street Art stamp I bought from Stempelbar. And for a change, I decided to create an inky background. It's been so long, I'd almost forgotten how much hard work it is to add this much ink to a piece, without any hard lines showing. Frankly, after all that swooshing and swirling of ink, with a small round sponge, it came as a relief to simply stamp the image of the girl and balloon over it, using Archival black ink.

I trimmed out a banner shape using a die and stamped the sentiment within the gap. That's two inky cards in as many days. I have to say, it feels good to put my ink pads to use again.

3 comments:

kjjc said...

this is one of my favourite images. love what you've done with it.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous stamp and gorgeous background!

Neet said...

Good to see you inking again and great colour gradation. I am liking this new you - another style another great.
Hugs, Neet xx