Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Halloween Cards


I'm from the UK and I'm a guy of a certain age. Which means, in general, I don't celebrate halloween. That's because when I was young enough to enjoy it, it was an American idea. Yes it's come over here, for better or worse but in the main, I can happily ignore it.

However, I'm in an all-male craft group (there's a group for everyone if you but look) on Facebook and we have a halloween card swap which I have joined in with. In fact, I'm the only UK guy who didn't bottle out at the last minute haha.

I think the idea of making a bulk batch of cards put some off but it's real easy if you keep it simple. For my design, I took two sheets of white A4 card and created an inky background using distress inks. I then die cut out circles from these sheets and stamped some extra texture images on top. I finally stamped the lips in Archival black ink on top. All I had to do was adhere these to black card and the job was done.

This year halloween falls on a Saturday so I've made plans. It's nothing to do with halloween or the resulting desire to throttle any urchin who knocks on our door.  But it should be fun, something different and I'll share any decent photos after the event.


5 comments:

helena said...

fab u lous - very rocky horror

Michele said...

Wow - they're fab, Paul! x

Monika Reeck said...

really cool Halloween cards you made Paul wooowww
that lips is cool Image
and great idea to make mass product to make the design as simple as we can
GREAT JOB PAUL
see you on my blog soon..I have a little giveaway (do you like digital Image?)

alexa said...

Most unusual, Paul, with a distinctly ghostly look.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Halloween, I can take it or leave it (in America). :-) Fun cards.