Pages

Monday 15 October 2012

Telling Objects: Day 15

It's roughly the half way point and today I show another collection of objects and reveal more of my magpie tendencies...




Hidden away in a corner of our house sits a tall jar. Inside, is something banks are not keen on at all - coins. Nothing major. Mostly coppers. The only exceptions are found money. So there are occasional pound coins in there but they are very rare additions.

And the magpie nature? Well, I have it in my head that rarely a day goes by when I don't find a coin. Even if it's only a penny, I snaffle it, to add to my jar. Plus, I have a mini-ritual. When I pick it up, it goes into the back right hand pocket of the trousers I'm wearing and I pat the pocket once. Every time.

Well, at half time, I'm learning quite a bit so far whilst documenting objects this month. I hadn't realised how much of a magpie/hoarder/collector I was (delete as appropriate). Nor how much of my 'stuff' was free. Nor how many rituals I have. I'm obviously a creature of habit and love to have routine. Who knew?

Until tomorrow

Px

4 comments:

kjjc said...

hmmm a bit of ocd showing there too Paul with the patting of that pocket. Nothing like routine tho'. have you noticed how Michele and I ALWAYS sit in the same places?

Neil said...

I'm enjoying your posts you know. I know I'm not commenting on them all but I am enjoying them. I like to think that I'm getting to get to "meet" you, Paul the person, not just Paul the crafter and that's nice.

Cath Wilson said...

I think we all have our own routines, Paul, but yours are making me giggle. It really is interesting to read all about your little foibles :-) I feel as if I'm getting to know you so much better x

mark gould said...

Welcome to your inner OCD ;)
I have 2 money boxes, one I call 'Frankie' a Frankenstein money box, I also have a VW camper van I put the silver in the camper and coppers in Frankie. Am loving the little insights. Great idea.