Pages

Sunday 12 October 2008

Altered Tin Can


I've finally had some time for making arty stuff! Remember the paper beads a few posts back? Well, as planned, I have finally washed out a tin can (courtesy of one healthy brother who brings along soup cans for his lunch) ready for altering. I had some textured paper which I painted with blue and silver metallic acrylics. I wrapped this around the outside then cut some basic grey for the inside of the tin. I painted the edges in ceramic paint and let the whole thing dry before adding the bead beacelet. I stamped up a domino and metal heart (no doubt something I picked up off the street) and to these I added some grungeboard wings. Yes I know, I'm not a fan of wings - been done to death. But to buy a pack of grungeboard elements means you are stuck with hearts, crowns and wings. Grungeboard was ideal for its flexible properties and I initially thought about using the swirls but when I tried them they weren't right. I noticed the large wings and gave in. I painted them metallic green, gold embossed a crackle design onto them and then added some buttons. Now I have an arty tin to hold my pens & pencils on my desk plus I've recycled something into art.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Love your altered tin, Paul. The beads work perfectly with it. I don't think I'd be able to use it though - it's too good! LOL

Janice xxxx said...

Hey, you can never have too many hearts, crowns and wings ha ha. Great tin....

Jaqi said...

http://bigartadventure.blogspot.com/
This is great Paul check out the link above you should enter your tin here, come and join us each week with the new challenges they are great, Jaqi

Linda Vincent said...

Thats pretty impressive Paul - so many different materials and techniques. I'm glad Jaqi linked us up - maybe you will join us sometime?
Linda
(Wing-lover)

~*~Patty S said...

Your tin is wonderful, I am such a fan of altered anything/everything :) The paper beads at the top are a super border!