Pages

Saturday 25 October 2008

And to finish the week...




Yes it's the trickiest assignment of each week, the Real World Colour project. I'm getting better but I'm still no way near the level I want to be yet. This is the steepest learning curve and for me the one I'm enjoying the most because it is the most challenging. I figure I'm learning and improving if it's not coming easy. Anyway, this week i found this photo and with a little help from Photoshop, I pulled out 5 colours. With these in hand, I found papers and embellishments to match and put together this layout. I'm also trying to use the Gallon, litre, pint rule but I find this area to be the trickiest. However, practise makes perfect and if I keep trying, I'll get there.

5 comments:

Jenga said...

LOL Love it!! Especially the dress shot ;)

No idea about the gallon, litre, pint rule.........!?!?!?

Michele said...

Love the way you are completing this part of the class by taking your inspiration from adverts etc, I'm just being a sheep and using the colours Cathy suggests. Gorgeous colour scheme - love the photos too!

Anonymous said...

Very inventive and arty! And great photos too :). Like the shiny swirl which echoes the costume in the top photo. Love the colour combo too. xx alexa

Anonymous said...

Playing catch up - love this layout. Where did you find this gorgeous picture? Really loving it.
Neet

Rena Sawatski said...

Well done!! love this picture and wondering where you found it. Your piece is lovely.