Pages

Saturday 23 January 2010

Whilst Running a Bath


I have an incredibly slow bath. Or rather, the flow of water from the hot tap is slow. And when the weather is cold (like it has been), I have to turn the tap down by half the output to get the same amount of heat out of it. So I end up starting it going and setting an alarm for 20 mins (or else I'd forget and that's a whole different issue lol).


So yesterday, in the time I had waiting for the bath to fill, I set about making the Play Date Cafe's colour challenge. A really good combination that I'm not sure I really have done justice too. It's just that when I saw this patterned paper by KI Memories in my stash, I knew it had to be used. The colours were a perfect fit. It contained all four elements of blue, red, black and white. To be honest I could have just slapped it on a card, added a sentiment and be done lol.


Instead I used a nesties die to cut into red velveteen paper and ordinary black card. I embossed a white circle and used a Spellbinder's butterfly die on more velveteen. I created a border with a Martha Stewart punch and stamped a Hero Arts sentiment onto it.


There was just enough spare minutes to glue it all together before my alarm went off. A perfect way to use up the time I had spare :)

8 comments:

Michele said...

As you say, perfect papers for this colour combination. I love your attention to detail - the replication of the holes in the border and on the butterfly and the use of the embossing folder that matches the circles on the PP x

Karen said...

Fantstic colour combo and absolutely gorjus card Paul.

Love Karen x

kjjc said...

love the way you have backed the butterfly so the blue shows through the holes. Great take on the challenge.

Julie Ranae said...

Well Paul...you know I'm a fan and this card turned out perfectly! You sound a bit of a multi-tasker like myself...no wasted minutes waiting for that water!

Great, great job once again!

Sarah Anderson said...

I'd forget to set the timer, get engrossed then... water everywhere!!

Love all the circles, especially the Martha Stewart punch :) And like you say, perfect paper!

Anne Jagger said...

ooo it's fab Paul. My bathroom would be flooded cos I'd forget to go once the alarm had gone off - would have to do "just one more thing"! LOL.

Shelley said...

Great use of the colors, Paul. Love your style!

Jan Hennings said...

Paul, your card is great and the buttrfly looks so nice against the white. Love the red velveteen paper too :)