Pages

Thursday 11 February 2010

Lavender Bag


It's Play Date Cafe challenge time and I have to admit to a slight cheat here. I'd already had a box pre made up, ready and waiting. I just needed the colour scheme so that I could choose the appropriate papers to decorate it.


This week we had a lovely blend of red, lavender and silver. Normally I struggle with metallics in a scheme but by adding a heart charm (from a recent Xmas Cracker) and eyelets, I managed to leap that hurdle easily enough.


And given that it's a lavender theme, I may fill it with some of that very same named floral herb to send as a fragrant gift.

9 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

I must admit, I actually laughed 'aloud' when I saw your entry 'Yay I'm first'! Thank you for that early morning smile....

Love this little bag and the I think the colors worked really well with it. I love when we have just the right trinket to add as an embellishment. Great, great job!

Michele said...

Lovely! You've combined the colours really well - the silver charm finishes it off perfectly x

Julie Ranae said...

Paul...Mona has a great tutorial on YouTube..just look under tissue paper flowers cupcakes creations.

Also, make sure you check out her blog..her work is ridiculously GOOD!

Anne Jagger said...

Lovely. It all works brilliantly x

Sarah Anderson said...

The colours work brilliantly on this bag; and there's always a use for cracker gifts ;)

Neet said...

You really are away with those boxes. Must check out what the book was called as I love them and know someone who I could buy this book for.

Well done on using the colours for PDC.

Jan Hennings said...

Love your little bag and the colors are perfect :)

Mona Pendleton said...

How exciting to be the first & to share such enthusiasm is wonderful! I like how you recycled a Christmas charm :) You did an amazing job with this week's colors! Thanks for playing along with The Play Date Cafe's creativity challenge!

Anne Jagger said...

Oooo Paul - Congrats on Fab 4 again - only just seen. Hope to see you soon. X