Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Finding Inspiration for Free


As busy as I am at the moment, I'm still finding time to take on an online class. It's from Jessica Sprague and it's entitled Inspiration Everywhere. What's even better is that it's free.

It began yesterday with a download to print out and decorate the front cover of an art journal. You could either choose to go with the default design or you could download a file which you could edit and play around with.

I opted for the latter. The original was predominantly green and had a lot of collaged elements decorating it. I changed it to blue and brown and removed about half of the digital decorations. Plus I preferred one of the other title fonts to the default version. I then went ahead and tinkered with the design so that I have something similar to cover the back and insides of the covers too. Can't wait to start filling it now.

2 comments:

Neet said...

Paul - this is looking fantastic - love the colour you have changed it to (not having seen the original but I do love your colour choice).
Look forward to seeing it grow.

JoZart Designs said...

Sounds a whole lot better than going out in the snow to do a class... but don't let that put you off Saturday!!!
Auf weidersehen!!
Jo x