Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Telling Objects: Day 23

I had thought about tidying up today's object before photographing it. Or perhaps showing a fresh, unused one. Then I changed my mind. Because it never looks like that for long. People should see it in all it's messy glory. After all, people have come out of our bathroom and asked why on earth there's an onion bhaji sitting on the edge of the bath.






Far from being a snack left behind after a long bathe, it is, in fact, a hair cleansing bar from the handmade cosmetics shop Lush called the Soak and Float. Now even they admit that it doesn't have the most aesthetic of appearances nor is it the nicest smelling item they sell. But it does its job and does it extremely well. It's just that it looks like something you'd buy from a deli after a couple of uses and ends up a mess in the soap dish.

So if you do happen to find yourself visiting our home and using the facilities, please refrain from treating the shampoo bar as a savoury snack. Thank you.

Until tomorrow

Px


5 comments:

mark gould said...

lol, they do have some interesting things in their. they never taste as good as they smell though ;) only 8 days left,, your on the final straight now.

thankf for the message about using the distress inks as paints, I have had a little play in the past but not in a big and complex way. I think it would be a good idea to have a proper go at it. Thanks

Kory K said...

YOU PUT THAT THING ON YOUR HAIR?!?!

lol

and WTF is an 'onion bhaji'?!

I miss you!

-k

alexa said...

You write so amusingly! Yep, will give it a wide berth, either for washing or nibbling! Nicely shot photo, though. :)

JoZart Designs said...

I too use these bars but only to take on my travels, they are so good. Mine never seem to look as gross as you're I must say!
Jo x

Cath Wilson said...

Yuk... I believe you but only just. Not sure I could put that on my hair xxx