Pages

Sunday 27 March 2016

More Makes from my Inky Stash


If you remember from my last post, I had plenty of colourful mixed media cards left over to carry on trimming into as well as a few offcuts. Enough to set about making two more cards with plenty still left over.


I used the same Drippy die from Seth Apter as last time, only this time adding a circle from another die set, Ring Around. The central star shape is from the stash of moulds I made a while back, painted with DecoArt's Black Shimmer Wax.


The second card was, well, a wild card, especially when compared to my usual comfort zone.  It began life with Seth's Coffee Rings die. The way he's designed them, you can run all three rings inside each other, through the machine and come out with a separate, whole, arty piece. I did the same for both green and yellow cards and pieced them together to make two circular designs.


I cut up one of the circles into quarters and adhered them to the corners of a red piece of card I had trimmed square. I laid the remaining circle over the top using 3D mount foam. Finally I added a clay embellishment which I had coloured with acrylic paint.

So yes, as you can tell, I may stretch myself out to the messy side and mixed media but the clean, graphic style pulls me back. It's interesting to see the results which arise. And best still, I have plenty of pieces on my desk to play around with and make more.

6 comments:

Steven said...

Love in your "step on the wild side"!!!

kjjc said...

Wow. These are gorgeous Paul. Great dies and great colours.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Phenom work lately Paul! LOVE the bright zing if happy happy color! Have a great day!

alexa said...

These are great, especially against the dark background. Like the new header ... (Have you lost weight?)

Seth said...

I am so loving the psychedelic colors you are using here. They explode off the black background. Definitely makes me smile.

Neet said...

First impression when I opened your blog this morning was WOW, I LOVE the new look you have given to it. Great pictures - very clean and so you.
Now to the art. I saw your first creation on Blogger but decided to leave it to Wednesday to comment. Love the colours you are using - you need to teach me to brighten my work up. I adore lime and yellow together but am really keen on trying the turquoise and orange out now. I digress. I love that die of Seths, you are really creating some gorgeous things with it and I have to say the first card is my favourite. Think I might just have to buy that die myself.
Hugs, and see you soon.
Neet xx